Thursday, April 16, 2009

Up to Date

I can't believe I am just getting around to posting pictures from our dinner to celebrate our 4 years of being together! Over a month ago now, we went to Roy's for a nice dinner out. Since we now have loans to worry about, I've been creative in finding yummy places to eat that don't cost a fortune - and we get takeout a lot (booze is expensive at restaurants!). But for this occasion, we decided to splurge more than we had been.



And if you've never been, get the chocolate molten cake - so YUM!



Awhile ago I know I asked for opinions on what to do for the summer. Well, I am very happy to report that I finally have my summer plans set. I was able to get into the summer clinic at my school. It is essentially doing pro-bono work for clients. I of course will be supervised, but it's an awesome opportunity and I'm so happy to be able to get 7 credits out of the way during the summer, and hopefully (fingers crossed) raise my GPA, and fulfill a requirement for graduation all in one. It's a 9-5 job for 10 weeks which means I'll have 4 full weeks of NOTHING to do - I will be one happy camper.

This leads me to the next piece of news - there is a possibility I may try to finish up school 1 semester early. Because of getting the 7 credits out of the way, if I continue with 15 credits per semester (I took 16 credits fall and spring semester of this year), I will graduate 1 semester early. This is not set in stone - I'm in the process of weighing the pros and cons. Pros - save a lot of money, can start working earlier, and possibly start planning for a family sooner. Cons - semesters may be more jam packed than if I wasn't doing it, not sure if working earlier is that big of a deal, may not be able to take as many fun classes. I have a meeting with an advisor tomorrow to discuss all of my options - we shall see!

Also, it's hard to believe, but we're coming up on our first anniversary in just 2 months! I can't wait to celebrate! Originally, before I found out that I was taking the summer clinic, we were going to take our vacation over our anniversary. But since I'll be in clinic and cannot take any time off, we'll now be taking a vacation in August. We don't have our plans finalized yet, but we've picked when we're going - this certainly gives me something to look forward to.

Now, we need to decide what to do for our anniversary weekend. Here are some of the ideas - what do you think? 1 - Go and stay in DC in the hotel we got married at, and have a fancy dinner out in DC. 2 - Go somewhere else (ideas anyone?) for the weekend and do a fancy dinner out. 3 - stay in Baltimore and do a fancy dinner out. Hmmm, clearly we're about the fancy dinner out part!

Now, I just need to figure out what I'm getting Ian as a present - he's been such an amazing supporter of me our first year of marriage, so I want to do something special. And paper is the 1st anniversary - that part is done but I need something more. I guess I need to get on that - after exams!

3 comments:

  1. Hhhmmm... ideas for the anniversary. Jeremy and I went up to Philly for the weekend since it was pretty close but still felt like we were "getting away".

    Now I want to know what you got Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about going to a B&B for the weekend? Maybe in the VA wine country? That would be nice and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim - I will show you what I got Ian after I give it to him!

    La Petite Chic - That is a fantastic idea...I think we will just have to look that up this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!