Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Being a Woman

Sometimes, being a woman isn't easy. You know all the weight issues I've been having? I know I know, enough about the weight issues. Well, I've seen a few doctors over the past few months and recently went with Ian to see my OBGYN (Ian visiting with me is an entire story in itself). They are running some tests and to do so, I have to be off of birth control.

Geesh - I have been on it for so long I didn't quite remember how bad menstrual cramps and PMS can be. And the hunger - I can't get rid of it - no matter how much I eat at the moment, my stomach is letting me know it is just.not.full.! Let's just say, Ian is keeping his distance from the crabby lady in this house.

And, the rain....oy, the rain is making the moodiness even worse today. Sadly, tomorrow is looking the same in terms of the rainy weather. So in all likelihood, the forecast for tomorrow just about sums up what my mood is looking like: cloudy, overcast, rainy.

So what did I do to cheer myself up? Took advantage of the bedding sale at Macy's, and the major Bath and Body Works sale. I guess that's the bright side of being a woman - in an instant (or just a few clicks on the laptop), suddenly my moody self can brighten right back up.

4 comments:

  1. Shopping never fails to cheer me up too! Hoping everything turns out okay with the tests...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off of birth control? I wouldn't even know what to do with myself... I've been on it for so long.

    But shopping does cure everything! It can also worsen a mood if you're trying clothes on but it generally makes me happy to buy something... anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. be careful :) we dont need any little Ians running around any time soon ;)... or do we???

    ReplyDelete
  4. La Petite Chic - Thank you - I hope so too!

    Kim - It does feel very odd to be off of BC; luckily I didn't buy any clothes - just new bedding to make me sleep oh so comfortable (as if I don't already!).

    Annie - No little Ians running around - not yet at least!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!