Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Spinner

I remember playing this game growing up.  My family were huge game people, or rather, my mom was so therefore we all were.  But this particular game is not common, but one of my favorites.  I remember playing this with my grandma in Texas when I was young, and seeing my normally calm and reserved grandma become a little rowdy. 

It's called Spinner.  During the summers in college, it was kind of a ritual with a few of my bests to play this game at my parent's house, drink way too much, and eat steak-ums until 1, 2, 3, 4 in the morn.  We've introduced this game to Ian's parents, Kim and Jeremy, and countless others.  I played it when I went to visit my brother while he was in college and I was still in high school.  That was quite a scene.  About 6 college soccer players, and me (15 years old at the time), all sitting and playing a game.

I don't know what it is about this game.  It's a bit more lengthy than other games (about an hour for 4 people to play one entire game).  It brings out tons of different angry emotions (I won't repeat what Ian's mom called me when I messed up her next move).  Normally, everyone starts out calmly, almost like we're bored.  But within a few minutes, people start livening up and getting into the game. 

Funny how I cannot even remember who introduced us to this game.  I may not be able to pinpoint what specifically is so fantastic about this game, but I do know that I love it, and that all of the memories I have of playing this game revolve around laughter and talking with friends. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I said "f you" to Ian AND Jeremy during this game. It was surprisingly competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - I think the f-bomb comes out a lot during this game! Even from people you wouldn't expect.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!