Monday, October 26, 2009

Waiting

Well, luckily Friday's mishap was not an indication of the way my weekend would turn out.  I sulked most of Friday until Ian got home and cheered me up.  Then, we got ready and headed to Fells Point for a law school friend's birthday dinner.  We partied it up with those people, then headed home by 11. 




Saturday, we cleaned like maniacs and realized we need to a thorough cleaning more often.  We cleaned for over 4 hours - all because we were having Kim and Jeremy over for dinner on Saturday.  It made us realize we need to have people over for dinner more often in order to keep our house clean!  We had a lovely dinner, yummy organic wine (thanks K&J for bringing it!) and played a round of our favorite game after dinner (Spinner - describing this game this is probably a whole other post in itself).

Sunday, we slept in and then made breakfast together.  The weather was absolutely beautiful, so we finally decided to head to the pumpkin patch after weeks of me begging to go.  We went to North Run Farm in the afternoon.  I was disappointed with this pumpkin patch.  First, you have to pay $7 per person just to walk into the place.  I think that's fine if you have kids who are going to be doing the maze or playing any of the games.  But for us adults, just coming to buy a few pumpkins - I think that's a little crazy.  Then the pumpkins - you had to walk for forever just to get to any decent ones, and there really weren't many decent ones.  I will say that driving to this one is a beautiful fall drive, but otherwise I will not go back to this one.

And we only managed to find one good pumpkin to carve, so we headed to Weber's Farm on our way back.  I liked this one much better - although I would've liked to actually pick my pumpkin from the patch, not from barrels like you do at Weber's.  But, you can't get everything I suppose.  I loved that this one has preserves and a bakery and fresh vegetables and apples.  Ian picked up a pumpkin loaf that is almost gone - it is that good.

And to add to my (almost) fabulous weekend, I won for the 6th week in a row in fantasy football league.

Before I post pictures from the pumpkin patch, I'll let you know that I have not heard from the owner of the car from Friday's incident.  I'll keep you posted if I do hear.

The goat on the right bit Ian's finger - serves him right for not reading the sign that said to not put fingers in the fence.



















3 comments:

  1. You should try Larriland!!! Jon and I went two years ago to pick pumpkins and apples and I'm DYING to get back there - we had so much fun! It's a bit of a drive, but totally worth it, beautiful scenery. You can pick everything and they had great pumpkins! Right now you can pick apples, pumpkins, spinach, & broccoli. www.pickyourown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I didn't have so much studying to do because I would have loved to go to a frickin' pumpkin patch this year.

    I love the pictures! Sunday was gorgeous out.

    Btw - I went a rematch of Spinner. I totally understand the game now. It's on! And we owe you guys dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy - I totally wish we had known about Larriland! Although we were a little tight on time, so the drive probably would've been a little too long. But I definitely am saving that link and dragging Ian with me at some point!

    Kim - It was a good time! We will have pull Spinner out again soon. It's so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!