Friday, September 11, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Before we get into the next weekend, I figured I should probably tell you about our busy labor day weekend. Friday nights are kind of dead for us these days because Ian's long run occurs every Saturday morning. As he's been getting into longer runs like this past Saturday's 14 miler, I've been trying to make something with lots of carbs for him to eat the night before. So Friday I spent about 3 hours making homemade meatballs and tomato sauce to go over pasta. Holy crap it made a ton of food and it was freaking delicious. My one suggestion if you are going to make this is to double the recipe for the sauce. Also, I would add some spices to the sauce to...spice it up. We've been eating leftovers all week!


While Ian was out for his long run, I pretended like I was going to run errands. Really, I was going to pick up his birthday present to give to him early. When I got home I asked him to go out to the car to carry in the bags from Costco because I was just too tired. I watched him from the window to see his reaction when he saw the box for a 46" flat screen TV loaded into the back of my car. He was shocked/excited/shocked. I had been telling him we'd have to wait until I was finished with law school to get a new TV. He had been saving up giftcards for over a year to buy one. So I finally pulled the trigger, took the gift cards and took advantage of a sale they were having that had dropped the price down by $400.


Sunday, I spent most of the day in Arlington for my friend's baby shower. It was a great shower and because there weren't a lot of people there, we were able to catch up a lot. I wish I had taken pictures! She looks absolutely fantastic and truly has only gained weight in the belly region - I cannot believe she's only 4 weeks away! She is one lucky bitch to look so healthy and normal this far along. And the name of the baby if it's a girl: Katherine. I like it - but I may be a bit biased!


Monday, Ian and I headed to Hersheypark, where we used the tickets my mom had gotten us for our 1st anniversary. We had never been to a theme park together before so it was interesting to see how similar we were in terms of the rides we would/would not go on. Monster roller coasters - not so much our style. Moderate and mild roller coasters were totally our style, along with rides like bumber cars. But holy crap, the people watching is AMAZING at Hershey. I have never seen so many mullets/80's hairdos and denim all at once in my entire life. We had fantastic weather, lines that weren't outrageous, and a ton of laughter (did you see my comment about the people watching?!). All in all, it was a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!