Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Katie Moment

Two nights ago I went to pilates class at my gym with Beth, who I know through mutual friends and we are in the all ladies fantasy football league together.  I was chatting on the phone on my way home, and when I arrived, realized there was no parking on our street or around the corner.  We live directly across from a very old restaurant that has a small parking lot so around dinner time we occasionally have trouble parking.  I decide to double park my car, blocking Ian's car in and will move it when a spot opens up.

I make soup for dinner (Ian is getting over a cold, and I refuse to get his!) and made him tea and vitamin water and more tea.  We watched TV and decided to go to bed early.  Laying in bed at 10:20pm, we hear a knock at the door.  It's our next door neighbor who we are fairly close with (an elderly couple who happen to be very good neighbors).  Ian gets dressed and heads downstairs.  I hear him chatting with said neighbor, then shut the door, and say "Kattteeeeee" in a tone which described to me what the conversation was about.

DAMNIT!  I had left my car double parked for over 3 hours with the blinkers on which meant my battery was likely dead.  And it was.

As I headed outside in my pjs with Ian to try to jump it (thank goodness I had parked next to his car so it would reach!), instead of getting upset or angry, we both just bursted out laughing.  That was such a "me" moment - so freaking stupid to have forgotten.  But a little laugh (and some embarrassment on my part) later, my car is all better.  It's times like that that I'm happy to be married to Ian who is the epitome of calm.  He did try to make me feel better by saying it could happen to anyone, but I secretly think he probably had himself a lot of laughs at my expense when he went to work the next day and told his work buddies.  I don't blame them!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Totally something I would do - and my bf would react the same way. Good thing you can take a little laughter at your expense :) (P.S. I have added you to my blogroll - I can't believe you weren't already in there!)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!