Friday, February 4, 2011

Steroids make babies crazy

I had been planning on getting back to blogging...but then the little lady went and got admitted into the hospital yesterday.  She totally went and messed up those plans for me. (Please sense the sarcasm there people - don't leave comments or emails about that comment).

She has elevated liver numbers.  Which could mean lots of things - but in her case, likely means either rejection or a biliary issue.  Honestly, I have no idea what is better less bad for her in the long run.  So we're just hoping that her body responds to 48 hours of IV steroids, regardless of what the issue is. 

Although can I tell you how excited I am she's on IV steroids?  Talk about making a baby crazy.  She acts as if they've hooked her up to an IV espresso drip.  Hyper yet so, so cranky.

In other Luca news, she is obsessed with blowing raspberries.  You talk to her, she blows raspberries.  The doctor examines her, she blows raspberries for him.  You sing to her, she blows raspberries.  You walk in the room, blows raspberries.  She stops crying, blows raspberries.

[P.S. - I spilled some tea all over our laptop.  The keys are doing crazy things and it took me about 1/2 hour to write this post because I had to keep correcting it.  If I dOn'T CoRREct iT< iT loOks A LITTLE Like THiS>.  Yes, that sentence was written without hitting the caps lock key or shift key.]

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry! I hope that things go the way that you want them to and that she responds well to the steroids and can go home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, the steroids are nuts! H would be sooo hungry! Which was good because it got his weight back up after surgery. It also make him a little jittery, so he wasn't sleeping well. Now he goes to bed at 9 pm and wakes up around 7:30 am. He will get up around 1-2 times at night, but settles back down almost immediately.

    -Sairah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that she's blowing raspberries!!! Thinking of you guys and hope those numbers keep coming down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We keep thinking about you and praying for you guys!! Please, please let us know if we can do ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Yes... they do. I'm sorry. :( I'm also sorry I'm just now reading this post. I hope things are looking a little better, now. Heading over to Caring Bridge to check out any updates there...

    Lots of love to you guys!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!