Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting Ready

Baby girl has officially dropped.  I knew she had started dropping over a week ago - but I woke up yesterday and thought "my belly feels different."  I felt where the top of my uterus sat, and sure enough it's super duper low now.  And now, I'm peeing even more often.  The books say that once baby starts dropping, the average person goes into labor 2-4 weeks later.  But obviously, this is different for every person. 

So who knows when this little one will greet us.  I am so excited though!

We had a great weekend full of being together and being out and about with friends.  We also made it to the farmer's market yesterday - something I LOVE doing, but probably won't be able to do once baby girl is here.  While there, I noticed I was having real contractions.  By the time we got back home, I knew for sure I was having real ones.  We decided to hang out for a bit to time them.  For the next couple hours, they were about 7-8 minutes apart.  Then they fizzled out.  I think it just means my body is getting more ready - something I am totally open to!  It gave me a chance to practice being relaxed during and in between them. 

We also got our car seats installed.  Now, I know a lot of people install them by themselves.  But we found out about a company that teaches car seat installation for the safest ride for babies and we decided to use this service.  If you're in the Baltimore or New York areas, I HIGHLY recommend using The Car Seat Lady.  We went out to Debbi's house and she certainly proved that she knows her stuff.  She knows each car and each car seat.  We were there for about 2 hours - but it was something that was well worth the time.  We feel like we know how to install them properly, and know the car seat perfectly now. 

All in all, a very productive and FUN weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for dropping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crazy!!! You must be dying with this heat - I hope you are staying cool!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!