Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hot

*If you haven't left a guess as to when you think baby girl will arrive, please do so now! Leave a comment on this post with the date and time you think she'll be born, along with how big you think she'll be (height and weight). The height and weight will be used if there's a tie.



This heat is bananas (B-A-N-A-N-A-S).  It's actually making me a little cranky.  I really want to go for a walk - but 100 degrees + humidity = swollen feet for this lady (besides the fact that I sweat like a pig). 

I've been staying indoors as much as possible.  This morning, I had a meeting with one of the deans at my school.  My schedule is still not sorted out for the fall, and well, it needs to be so I can confirm childcare.  Really my schedule is in great shape except for 1 class.  There is only 1 other 4-credit class offered on the two days that I plan on being at school, and it is full.  I was hoping that some begging might let them bump me into the class, but nope.  Instead, they said I'm stuck.  Either I have to find childcare for another day per week, jump through hoops to get the minimum credits to stay full-time, or drop to part-time (which would entail not getting as much financial aid, and not graduating on time).  Clearly, dropping to part-time does not seem to be an option.

Now, I'm off to research some alternatives.  I don't know how I'm going to be a mom and make law school work when my school isn't really willing to accomodate me.  Disappointing, for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe they weren't willing to accomodate you!!! Disappointing for sure :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I'm going to guess July 22 at 4:44 in the afternoon. I really hope you don't go past your due date...but here I sit at 4 days past mine with no painful contractions- so good luck. I'm going to say 7 lb 4 oz, 21 inches.
    Just a random guess.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!