Monday, February 8, 2010

Blanketed in White

You know how I kept saying I was looking forward to getting snowed in? Yes, well this should teach me to be careful what I wish for.

Friday night, we went to bed with some snow on the ground.  I woke up for one of my pee breaks at 3:00am, but decided not to look outside because I knew I'd just be too excited to go back to sleep if I saw a lot of snow.  I woke up for another pee break at 7:15.  I looked out the window and saw this:



I couldn't wait any longer so I woke Ian and Tessa up.  Ian moaned, clearly not ready to be getting up.  I ran to the 2nd bedroom and looked out onto our deck to see this:



We spent all of Saturday and Sunday shoveling our walkway, taking pictures in the snow, playing with Tessa, and shoveling our cars out.  And when it comes to the shoveling part, the "we" really means Ian because he wouldn't let me help with that part. 

I do admit that it was so beautiful, and still is beautiful.  But we're kind of still stuck in our house.  My car would be fine to handle this craziness except it goes above the wheelwell.  Oh, and I don't think I mentioned - but our stress hasn't seen a snow plow yet, and we're 48 hours post-snow storm.  In total, I think we measued just about 30 inches.  That's a lot of snow for Marylanders!  I am so grateful that our power stayed on the entire time so we stayed warm and cozy all weekend.

Luckily, school was cancelled today, and I'm hoping it might be again tomorrow, especially since we're expecting about 4-12 inches tomorrow aftertoon into Wednesday.  I also had to cancel my OB appointment as it was scheduled for this morning - so I'm hoping to be able to go later this week for my 17 week appointment!

Here are some pictures from the rest of our weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is rough when you have places to be and getting there is next to impossible/actually impossible. I hope things clear up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Tessa likes to play in the snow!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!