Friday, October 23, 2009

Random Friday Thoughts

I have hesitated to say anything for fear of jinxing myself - but I am down 3 lbs since stopping the asthma medicine.  I'll take it!  And honestly, it just inspires me to work out even harder.  Like yesterday, I burned 700-800 calories in my hour long workout.  And I hope I can push just as hard today when I go to the gym.  I'll continue to keep you updated on the health progress!

_________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday, I had just had a killer work-out (ummm, my butt is SO sore today), and was feeling exhausted but relieved that my school week was over.  I had won a starbucks gift card on Tuesday night, so stopped by and picked up a pumpkin spice latte.  Driving home, I saw the mailman and realized I had missed the mail going out, so turned around to go give him a birthday card to go out.  I went to pick up my coffee and realized as the entire cup spilled all over my car that the starbucks person hadn't put the top on properly.  I spent the next 45 minutes cleaning up ORANGE latte out of my car.  I'm not really sure what smell to expect when I get in my car.  It could be really bad or really good.  Cinnamon spice smelling, or sour milk smelling?  Let's hope for the former.

_________________________________________________________________________

Also at Starbucks, I picked up their new instant coffee packets.  I figured I'd give them a try, especially since I had a coupon for it.  I tried it this morning - fan-freaking-tastic.  Tastes like a fresh cup of coffee.

__________________________________________________________________________

Last night, Ian politely asked that I keep him company in the kitchen while he did the dishes after dinner.  I got caught up with other stuff and left him hanging.  He rarely gets irritated with me (because I'm just so freaking perfect you know - errrr, or he's just really laid back and puts up with a lot of my crap), but this was one of the rare times he did.  I have a very rough time apologizing.  I feel extremely ashamed and like absolute crap if I ever have to apologize.  Nevertheless, I sucked it up, and apologized.  But being that he rarely gets the opportunity to be mad at me, he ended up dragging it into this huge thing.  Then I ended up mad.  Just because he was still mad at me.  I know - it's crazy and ridiculous.  But I can't help it.  He knew that it took a lot to apologize.  But he finally admitted that he doesn't know how it happens, but when I should be apologizing more, he ends up being the one apologizing.  At this moment, we both bursted out laughing.

_________________________________________________________________________

Random weekend plans:
  • birthday celebration for a law school friend this evening in Fells Point
  • Pumpkin Patch (yes, I did try to go the past 2 weekends - but the weather simply did not cooperate with us)
  • Kim and Jeremy are coming over for dinner
  • Ian and I are going browsing at some stores for me to show him some things I want for my birthday
Now, I'm off to get a flu shot and then heading to the gym - I probably won't be able to move when I wake up tomorrow considering how sore I already am.  SWEET!  Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The first fight Jon and I got in, we were in the middle of arguing when I stopped and said "Are we having a blowout?" We both started laughing so hard we couldn't even remember why we had started to argue! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!