Monday, May 18, 2009

I Need More Balls



Friday we played in the annual golf tournament that benefits the scholarship fund in my grandfather's name. It goes to the same high school which my uncle and brother attended and where Ian and I were married. We had a blast as always and luck must've been on our side because the rain held out until we were all finished! My grandfather was the golf coach at the school and even though I never met him, I'm sure it's the reason golf is in my genes. I love it and almost went to college on a full scholarship for golf - but any good golf schools are far away from my home in DC so I decided against it.

Lucky for me, Ian happens to love golf as well so it's a great activity for us to do together. After all, what is better than beautiful weather, drinking beer, chatting and laughing while riding in a little cart? We often talk about how it'll be a great activity for us to do as a family and for the two of us when we retire one day.

Well, as much fun as Friday was, I did not have a good game - in fact, I think it's just about the worst I've played. I stopped counting how many balls I lost at 6. And for you non-golfers, golf balls are expensive! At the golf shop, 3 golf balls can cost about $12-15. That's a whole lot of money I left on the golf course! It's a good thing the booze was included.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!