Thursday, May 14, 2009

Engrossed

Have you ever been so engrossed in a book that it makes you cry? Giddy? Laugh? Fall in love? Wait not so much the last one? Hmmm. Maybe that's just me. My brother and sister-in-law (SIL) bought me the first two books of the Twilight Series awhile back for my birthday (in November) but because law school kind of took over my life I hadn't gotten around to reading them. Well, I started the books 2 days ago and am finished with both of them. I curled up and was giddy from the excitement, as Ian sat next to me laughing at me.

Never before have I fallen in love with a character quite as much - and certainly not a vampire! The books have me wishing I was the main character, a teenager falling in love for the first time. And I never understood why women find the character from the movie so attractive - he was not my cup of tea...until now. The character fits his looks perfectly - or maybe the other way around. The writing kind of made me want to be a vampire myself.

I'm glad it only took me 3 days to read them because it put a huge damper in my plans to get my project done that is due in less than 2 weeks. Thank goodness I don't have the rest of the series yet, I don't think the project would ever get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!