Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Men are Stubborn

Ian hurt himself playing soccer on Sunday. He's not normally one to complain (except when he's sick - he's a big baby when he's sick). Slice his finger with knife? No big deal. Slice his hand at work? No big deal. So I know something is wrong when he keeps complaining about an injury.

He doesn't really know what he did to it during the game, but he was having trouble walking on it yesterday. Personally, having 4 ankle surgeries from sports related injuries, I don't take ankle injuries lightly. So I've looked at it and felt it and could see that one of the tendons was kind of popping when I pushed on it (thereby making him really uncomfortable).

But when I suggested that he go to the doctor? NOOOO. Like a little freaking kid. He rather hobble around and complain and take medicine and make me worry. Last night, I had it. After much persuading, and him refusing to speak to me after my mom and me persuaded him to go, we were waiting at Patient First (which by the way - I love Patient First, the best!). Good news - no break. Bad news - he'll be complaining for awhile and probably needs to head to an orthopedist if it doesn't get better.

What is with men being stubborn? Ian isn't normally stubborn - but when it comes to doctors, he is TERRIBLE. Don't even get me started on trying to get him to the dentist (I've been trying for 4 years, with no such luck). Although, this time, my stubbornness won out. All I could think of was if we waited to go, and he then decided he needed to get it checked during my exams - I'd have just about killed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!