Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Grateful

I read a sad story recently and have been so touched by it. (Here's the website if you care to get weepy like I did - Kim, it made me cry a lot.) But the wife's strength just amazes me. I can only hope that I'd handle things so gracefully with such strength if I were handling what she is.

Anyways, it really made me take a step back. So today, I am remembering everything, rather everyone, I am grateful for. Today, I called the hubby just to say I love you. I am so lucky to go to bed and wake up next to this amazing many. I'm grateful for my family - they may be crazy but they're there for me through the good and bad. I'm grateful for my friends - their patience amazes me sometimes. I'm grateful for the pup, who greets me every single time I walk through the door with an enormous amount of excitement.

Today, I'm grateful. Through the work and headaches and bad hair days and all the other petty things I complain about. Sometimes I just get so caught up in my little world that I forget to see all the amazing things surrounding me. Through it all, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!