Thursday, September 18, 2008

Things are A-Changin

So, since I'm finishing up my 4th week in law school, it's time to take a look at how things have changed. I realize now that I have very little time for Ian, my family, and friends. It's sad. I feel so disconnected from all of my closest because I simply barely have time to sleep these days. I've decided that I am going to try to be better about the blog and try to use it as a way to keep in touch with friends - that way I can fill everyone in on everything all at once. That sounds horrible - but I figure it's better than nothing. But that is going to require that I get to hear from all of my friends through this! So - I need to clean things up a bit and tone things down in other ways. But it means that I should be better about this whole blog thing!

I also have realized that I barely have time for "me". Any spare moment I get is normally to eat or sleep, and any other moment I am trying to do my laundry or pick up something from the store, or do the dishes or something else around the house. And as busy as I am, I absolutely must make time for exercise. It sounds stupid - but it really does help me feel better about life and I think that's going to have to be my "me" time. Last night I took a hot yoga class and holy cow, I am so sore today! Two of my friends from school joined me for the sweat-filled 90 minutes. I normally have a sweating problem in my face, but I didn't know that my ears could sweat like that. Ian squished his face to look like a raisin when I walked in and he saw just how much of one hot sweaty piece of mess I was. I'm heading back for more torture this weekend!

How is married life? Well, school certainly is putting a little damper on the honeymoon stage. I am putting a lot more on Ian than I think he was prepared to handle. I don't think he was quite prepared for how things would be with me being in school. He thought, Katie's not working - she'll have plenty of time to cook, clean, run errands, pay bills - be a housewife. Not so much what he bargained for. He ends up doing a lot more than me and although he doesn't always where a smile on his face, he's managing and little by little we're getting a handle on things. Bottom line is, that no matter what we have going on or how stressed we might be, we go to bed happy to be together every single night. And that's all that matters in the end!

This past weekend was Ian's birthday. We went to Salt Tavern on Friday - it was fantastic. I highly recommend you go if you haven't been there already. We went to Bicycle Bistro on Saturday night which happens to be Ian's favorite restaurant.


On Sunday we took Tessa for a big walk and went down to the Harbor:

I also have continued my love for baking! I tried a new recipe for homemade cookies:

And the one I'm most proud of...I baked my first pie from SCRATCH! I got the recipe from Southern Living and holy crap was it good:


Ta-Daaaaaa!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!