Monday, September 22, 2008

2 New Laptops - What??

I hate Mondays! I hate that with the amount of studying I do on weekends, the weekend just flies right by.

Friday night we had a small get together at our house for the first time. Even though it was small, we didn't manage to get to bed until close to 2 with people staying to hang out and drink. It was a blast! I need to upload the photos from that night. It was nice to have a few law school people blend in with my non-law school friends. It always amazes me how well everyone seems to get along in those types of situations.

Saturday we slept in and sorted out the laptop situation. Currently, I am using Ian's old laptop for school. The school offers a laptop program and I was hoping to buy one through them when their newer model arrives. Well, this lovely computer decided to poop out on me last week, not completely, but as in I have to hold the cord at precisely the correct angle for it to work. I know what you're thinking - we tried a new power cord as well - same issue. So to Best Buy we went on Saturday to get this baby fixed. Well, they determined that the cord thingie is attached to the mother board and when the cord thingie comes off the mother board and becomes loose, you have to replace the entire mother board. Doh! We went home and thought about our options and decided to order a new school laptop for me through the laptop program, and yesterday Ian went and replaced our home laptop. A whole lot of hassle (and money spent) later, I am now typing on our lovely new home computer while my school computer should be here in about 2 weeks. Yay!

And it's a fantastic thing that it pooped out on me last week so that I had time to get a new one, because, I have my first law school paper due on Friday! On that note...I will be quite busy this week trying to do that. Eek! Wish me luck:)

Oh and I managed to fit in another 90-minute hot yoga class yesterday. I'm a little sore, but I think the soreness will subside much more quickly than last time. However, I still sweated just as much - I'm hoping maybe I will stop sweating like a hot pig eventually in these classes!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. PS - How beautiful has this weather been!!

1 comment:

  1. Dude - I LOVE LOVE LOVE hot yoga. I was a devoted attendee for for a long time 2 years ago. I miss it! I want to get back into the swing of things.

    And I'm so sorry for missing your house warming party! But it sounds like you had a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!