Monday, September 1, 2008

Just in Case...

Just in case you haven't guessed, between the move and the start of law school, I've been slacking in keeping up with everyone!

I am loving where we live! We are slowly getting scheduled but are quite behind schedule with where we'd hope to be at this point in terms of unpacking. I think unpacking is one of those things that always takes longer than you'd ever imagine. Slowly but surely it's coming along. I have yet to come across the box with the camera charger - otherwise I'd have already taken and posted pictures of the house.


The Good
We finally have a grill! Ian's birthday is coming up in just a couple of weeks and my mom surprised him with this early birthday gift. We grilled out and had Mr. and Mrs. Twink over for some food last night and tonight once again cooked out. We now live about 1/2 mile from the Twinks so I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more of them!

Tessa can go on our 2nd story deck and wonder around in addition to having a much larger house, and also can run around in our fenced in patio area. The outdoor space isn't that large in size but it's a change for her and she's loving it! She also isn't used to people walking by our house so much, or the mailman coming to the front window to drop our mail off. These things she's not liking so much but overall, she's adjusting beautifully! And as mentioned before, she was loving the 2 staircases in our house and I was hoping this novelty wouldn't wear off, and so far it hasn't. She even goes as far as to take her toy to the top of one of the staircases, drop it and go chasing down after it. She's certainly getting a lot more exercise than she had been.

We have a full size washer and dryer. This is A-MAZING to me as we had a stackable washer and dryer before and I felt like my life revolved around laundry. Now - two loads per week just about does it for my clothes! Heaven.

We live down the street from a snowcone stand. I know snowcones don't sound that amazing - but this place is to die for. Ian has to basically hold me back from going every single night. I'll be sad when it closes for the colder months.

New restaurants! I'm loving trying out all of these new restaurants! So far, we've found an amazing pizza place, a very good sushi restaurant, and two cute pubs that have fantastic food all within about 5 minutes walking or driving.

In 9 days, I've only driven about 50 miles. This is incredible for me. Normally, I fill up my car with gas about every 6 days. Well, the last time I filled my car up was 9 days ago and I still have 3/4 tank left. I am so happy we're about 3 miles from school and all of our errands are within those three miles.

The Bad
Well - I don't have that many bad thus far. But - here is the only one I've found to really start to annoy me...

We aren't used to having more than one story. So I am finding that I start accumulating water bottles, coffee mugs, water glasses, cereal bowls, cans from sodas all upstairs. I finally make a big trip down to the kitchen and my arms are full. I'm sure this will get better as I get more used to having this much space.

Law School
My first week went very well. Although I think I might have to get an IV to hook me up to the coffee pot. Holy hell - I have had more coffee in the past week than I have in my entire life.

I like all of my professors - although one of them makes me sit in fear for my life the entire class. He is the epitome of intimidating! You've heard of the socratic method, but he should have a method named after him because he is that scary! I'm hoping it's just the beginning and he's trying to break us in a bit - but basically I try to hide behind my laptop the entire class hoping he won't call on me.

Law school is exhausting. I got very little sleep my first week. I'm hoping it's just because being in orientation for the first two days for about 8-10 hours didn't allow me to start reading the assignments until after 9:00pm when I got home. The most I am in class per day is 4 hours so the rest of the day should allow me plenty of time to get things done, spend time with Ian and hopefully get some sleep.

Speaking of Ian, today is his 2nd anniversary since he quit smoking. He rocks and I couldn't be more proud of him. I told him I'd treat him to something special for this big occasion - a homemade cake, a nice dinner - all he wanted was ice cream. Ahh - the little things that make us happy. I love the full washer and dryer, his is ice cream. I think I need to come up with something better...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting my link on your blog!! I am actually trying to venture into wedding photography right now, so if you know any wedding photographers in the area let me know. Also, good luck with Law School!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you guys live so close to us now!

    I just hope our dogs can be friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!