Monday, October 15, 2012

Great Falls

Warning - lots of pictures ahead.

We had a lot of family time this weekend since my cousins were here from California and New England.  We hosted dinner at our house on Saturday and made vegan eggplant potato moussaka for everyone as our cousin eats vegan.  (Ian has made this recipe a few times now and it is delicious, for both vegans and non-vegans.)  Luca was all geared up to help the chef. (Ignore the messy cabinet in the background.)



Sunday, we headed out to Great Falls on the Maryland side to take a walk and see the falls.  We got there a few minutes ahead of everyone else, so I took the opportunity to grab some photos of us.  Luca explored the wonder of fresh fallen leaves, while Tessa stared at all of the other dogs and people around us.





Our walk was so beautiful I got a bit camera happy.








Luca was not thrilled with us wanting to pick up the pace a bit (by putting her in the stroller), but she stayed mostly occupied with her fruit cheerios.  This girl loves her cereal.



We plan on taking advantage of more of DC's parks soon.  There really is so much to see and we are not always the best about getting out to the sights.  Having family in town reminds us of all the great things we need to get out and see with Luca.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great park! I love the fall time! And your pics are awesome - you'll have to give me tips one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on fall time. And thanks - I am still learning about my camera even though we've had it for 3 years now.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!