Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Change

Some things are changing in our life right now that are both exciting and keep me up at night with worry.  They are changes that have needed to happen and something we have prayed about over the past year or so.  Now that they are finally happening, I am busy getting things finalized and preparing.  I promise to share what is happening soon - but I just want everything in place before I share it out here in the blogging world.  If I go absent from my little blog, it is just because I am caught up with getting some things in place.

(And no, it has nothing to do with having more babies.)

I look back at what our daily life was like a month before Luca was transplanted, and I can barely recognize it.  It helps that I have documented life here, so that I can look back and see how much progress we have made.  When I get upset or overwhelmed with life sometimes, I can click back and take a deep breath and remember to be grateful.  The progress has been gradual, but my God, it is tremendous progress.

It gives me perspective.  Today I met with an ENT and scheduled Luca for surgery to get tubes put in her ears in a week.  It is so minor in comparison to what she has been through that I am not very worried about it.  While I hate her to have to be under anesthesia, or have yet another procedure, I am happy that in the grand scheme of things, this is not too bad.

With life's changes, I still want to make this blog a priority so that I never lose sight of where we are, or how far we have come.




1 comment:

Leave me your thoughts!