Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Article

Hi all!  If you haven't been following our caringbridge site, I'll give a very brief update.  Luca and Ian had their surgeries on December 14th.  Luca did beautifully until December 19th when she required emergency surgery, and then another emergency surgery on December 20th.  Since then, she has been recovering, slowly.  Ian was discharged on December 20th and has been recovering outside of the hospital.  We're hoping to bring Luca home in the next week or so.

And 2 days post transplant, I met up with a writer from the Washington Post, along with her metabolic team at Children's National Medical Center in D.C., and shared our story.  Here is the article as it appeared in today's paper.

Article in Washington Post

And because I'm obsessed with pictures our close friends took, here's one for you.

4 comments:

  1. How cool that you guys were featured!! I've been reading your CaringBridge updates, I'm so glad Luca is slowly getting better. And she is seriously the CUTEST baby I have ever seen - no joke!!! :) Always thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture! She looks so beautiful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a cool article. I love her bow in the picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you! Love her adorableness.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!