Thursday, July 8, 2010

Underpants

For some reason, I giggle whenever someone uses the word "underpants."  It sounds so old-ladyish to me.  But, as Ian would point out, I truly try to say that word as often as I possibly can.  And when I hear it or say it, I then have to repeat it three times in a goofy voice.  I'm crazy, I know.

I'll take a picture of all the stuff laid out and give you a list of what I'm taking.  But in the meantime, I need your input on...you guessed it...underpants.

What is your favorite type of non-thong underwear?  You see, I'm a thong kind of girl.  Even through this entire pregnancy, I've continued wearing them.  But I know that when I'm recovering after delivering our baby girl, that thongs will not work well.  Non-pregnant ladies, what is your most favorite brand/style?  And ladies who are pregnant, or just delivered, what would you recommend for the recovery period?

6 comments:

  1. Oh sister. The first few weeks you will need the mother of all granny panties. Like cotton, full butt, not cute at all. Trust me.... because your diaper will be much bigger than hers that first week. I would suggest for the first week just Hanes cotton briefs (they will get ruined for sure) and then after that when you're not bleeding so much some nicer cotton boy short style from Gap or Old Navy. Those worked well for me. Underpants. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy shorts (or "manties" as I call them) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the boy-style underwear.... I forget if they have an actual name, but ya know the ones that still are low-rise but are almost as wide on the sides as they are in the middle. So comfy! I have a couple pair by Calvin Klein that I got at Macy's that are really cute, but you could probably find them at any department store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some cotton Hanes for after delivery. They came in a 3 pack and they seemed softer and more comfy than the normal Hanes. But I hear you gotta use the major granny panties right away! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee Hee. I sent you an e-mail with my choices:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Jockey No Panty Line Promise. I imagine they'd be very comfortable - as comfortable as anything can be - after giving birth.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!