- Friday was a very bad day for me. I wish I could say that I'm feeling all better - but unfortunately I'm still feeling kind of down. Hoping this will pass and that these stressful things that aren't necessary can pass. Trying to accept that some stresses are unavoidable - but the stresses I can avoid I am trying to leave alone.
- I took a long walk this morning with Tessa to work on her training (I want her to be very responsive when I'm walking her to prepare her for when I get big and may not be as balanced, and also for when I'm walking with the stroller). It felt really great to get moving. Thinking I'm going to try to get out every morning this week for a speed walk and take in the brisk air.
- Got some stuff done this weekend: got some presents for the bride whose wedding I am in, picked up some more stroller accessories that came into REI, returned some clothes at Old Navy, bought a birthing ball and 2 prenatal exercise DVDs, filled out our birthing class packet and am sending it in tomorrow, emailed the parents listserv for my area to get recommendations on a new OB/midwives practice, read more in our hypnobirthing book.
- Received our carseat and carseat adapter as presents (more necessities taken care of - yippee)
- Went through my entire wardrobe and pulled out all my winter clothes to be put into the basement. Also pulled out all of my summer clothes that I'll never fit into this summer. It made me realize that I am in desperate need of buying some more maternity clothes - my armoire is practically empty now!
- Snuggled a lot with the hubby - trying to enjoy as much just-the-two-of-us time as possible. I was feeling very needy (see bullet 1) and inevitably laying around and just taking in the quiet with Ian seems to help soothe me. I seriously love my husband.
- Watched baby girl move my belly a ton this weekend. We often just sit down on the couch and stare in awe, imagining what game she's playing in there (yoga, soccer, swimming, gymnastics, dancing?).
- Went to church and felt baby girl moving all about as she normally does at church - I think she liked when I sing (not that I have a fantastic voice, but I think it must be soothing to hear music).
- I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows, and I would've posted a picture - but they are all gone already (oops). Seriously these cookies are addictive. Note - I am not vegan or vegetarian, and I am still obsessed.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Bullet Point Monday
Random Monday thoughts in bullet- form: