Monday, March 29, 2010

Mix by Hand

Recently I discussed with the hubby that because my school schedule is so busy for the rest of the semester with final projects and papers and exam studying, that I can't be responsible for dinner every night.  So he agreed to take on dinner duty for Sunday and Tuesday nights.  Last night was his first night.

He made a mean meatloaf with a big salad on the side.  It was super yummy - and even better, it didn't require him to go to the store for any ingredients.  We've really been trying to not go to the store as often.  We're trying to clean out stuff off our shelves and stuff in the freezer because in just a few months, we'll have lots of baby stuff that needs space in the kitchen, freezer and refrigerator (for the bottles, sterilizer, storage bags, breastmilk in the freezer, etc.). 

While he made the meatloaf, I quickly mixed a ready made-mix for apple crisp and stuck it in the oven at the same time as the meatloaf.  We also realized we had very old bananas so Ian decided to make homemade banana bread to use them up.  I was getting something in the kitchen when I heard Ian say it was time to mix the batter.  I glanced over a few seconds later to see HIS HANDS IN THE BATTER, mushing it all together with his fingers.  When the recipe said mix by hand, he did not understand that this meant with a spoon as opposed to using an electric mixer.  I laughed so hard I peed a bit (fabulous symptom of pregnancy, let me tell you).   

Other things from this weekend: went to Stacy's bridal shower on Friday night, rearranged the stuff in the kitchen cabinets, ordered our stroller, got a new big bookcase for our bedroom to clear out some stuff in the family room (our small bookcase has run out of room), got a slow cooker on major sale for $30, made pulled-pork on Saturday, talked to Buy Buy Baby and figured out what happened to our registry, returned some stuff at Crate & Barrel and Bed Bath & Beyond, went to church.  Oh and all of that stuff accomplished was done by my lovely hubby (except for Stacy's bridal shower and talking to Buy Buy Baby). 

All I did all weekend: wrote my paper.  Seriously, I am so lucky to be married to Ian. 

And now, I'm back to writing.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god, that is so hilarious - "mix by hand!" Hahaha!!! The funny thing is, I can totally relate because I could see Nick doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH IAN!!!!! Hahahaha that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally picture Ian using his hands too. Hahahaha! I thought it was an English method or something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! I laughed so hard at that story everyone at work is looking at me! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!