Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Time is a-flying

We finally had to do it - we turned the heat on.  I was really trying to wait until December 1st, but on Sunday when we got home after spending so much time outside in the cold watching the race, it needed to be turned on.  It's crazy that we're almost to December already!

It's really amazing how quickly time is going by.  It seems like each year goes by a little more quickly than the previous year.  Yet, I remember as a kid, time felt like it was going by soooo slowly.  I couldn't wait for the school year to be over so I could be outside or at the pool playing with friends.  I remember being bored sometimes.

Now, I cherish any moment where I have nothing to do, or when I feel slightly bored.  Because those moments are few and far between.  Honestly, I am overwhelmed sometimes because there is always something else to do, something more I should be doing, one more thing on that neverending to-do list.

And that neverending list gets a little overwhelming this time of year.  We have to do all the holiday related things: cards, presents, travel plans, etc.  But on top of it, I'm getting ready for exams.  And the whole exam thing makes me want to crawl into bed and wake up when it's all over.

But with Thanksgiving in two days, I'm looking forward to spending the day with family, relaxing, eating great food, and not thinking about anything on that to-do list.  We'll celebrate at Maggie's house as we do every year.  My mom, brother and SIL, and in-laws will all be there for the day.  Can't wait.

What are you looking forward to on Thanksgiving?

2 comments:

  1. I think about that every day. It will be December 1st in a week, and 1 month after that it will be 2010. CRAZY. They say as you get older time moves faster and faster - it couldn't be more true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. It seems like it was just Halloween to me!

    I hope you have a wonderful time relaxing with family! I am looking forward to a great meal and playing board games with my in-laws. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!