Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Grateful

Since tomorrow's post will be short, today's post will cover what I would've been writing for tomorrow, on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  While I love Christmas decorations and music a ton, I love that Thanksgiving is a holiday that revolves around just spending time with family and eating great food.  I love that there's no pressure to find the perfect gift, no money stresses from all the gifts, and there's no let down at the end of the day like I sometimes find there is on Christmas.

It's also a time of year that I sit and remember what I've been grateful for this year.  I am incredibly grateful that I made it through my first year of law school.  I am so lucky to have Ian in my life, supporting me day in and day out.  Even more so, I am grateful that through law school, the stressful times actually strengthened our relationship, when they really could've hurt it.  I have a family who is so supportive and loving.  I have awesome in-laws who treat me as part of the family.  I have an adorable puppy who makes me smile everyday.  And my friends, my true friends, have been understanding and loyal over the last year.

And I've had so many awesome experiences this year - summer job, weddings, celebrations, vacations, and so much laughter.

I'm thankful for all of it.  And thank you readers, for staying with me along the way. 

What are you grateful for this year?

1 comment:

  1. Thanksgiving is Nick's favorite holiday too. He stresses about gift giving at Christmas. ;) I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and eat lots of yummy food!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!