Friday, August 21, 2009

Dearest Hubby

As I've had more time this summer to sit and relax, it's given me a lot of time to realize how lucky a lady I am to be married to Ian. I regret to say that I was so wrapped up in law school that I had failed to see all these things Ian does that I truly appreciate. For example, we just got back from vacation (a whole other post that's a-coming) and I noticed the following:
  1. He carries my luggage down the steps. Not that I'm incapable of doing so, but sometimes my bag is freaking HEAVY! And then you add the August heat, and I would be sweating like a mo-fo. I am grateful he does this without me even asking.
  2. He packs the car. I know this seems silly. It's another thing that I'm capable of. However, he does it on the first try and manages to fit in all kinds of crazy things we take on vacation.
  3. He takes out the trash and likes to clean before we leave. This is something I love - I HATE coming home after vacation to a messy house, and so does he. So we like to clean before we leave so we come home to a clean house.
  4. He puts the worms/minnows on my fishing line. We fished a lot on vacation and I squeemed like a little girl every time I tried to put the bait on the line. He did this without a flinch.
  5. He unhooks my fish to let it swim. I caught lots of fish on vacation and I got freaked out every time. We just caught and released them, but honestly had he not been there I'm not sure if I would've been able to get the hook out of them.
  6. He takes out the trash...every time. I can't remember the last time I took it out. And he puts it out for the trash people to pick up. I have to admit that I don't even know the trash schedule because somehow it just gets done.
  7. He's great with directions. I'm not so great with this and the fact that both Ian and my Dad got me GPS's for the same holiday should explain how bad I am with directions - so I'm happy he can get us where we need to go without a GPS.

Hubby, I love you for taking care of us, and taking care of some of the icky things that don't really come as naturally to me. You're the best.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!