Thursday, June 4, 2009

Intense

This week has been crazy folks! I am in training for work all week and 1)it's exhausting and 2)I have a lot of reading to do each night and 3)my poor body isn't used to waking up at 5:30 or 6:00am. I will need lots of sleep this weekend.

But so far, I am loving my job! I haven't quite gotten into the actual working part - but they are preparing us for what we'll be doing. It's super intense but seems like it's going to be an incredible experience. I have already learned so much!

Oh - and I wanted to share the corn and tomato salad recipe with you guys. Here's the deal, Ian HATES corn, but even he likes this salad a lot. So even you non-corn lovers will probably like this.
  • Using a knife, cut the corn off the cob into a bowl (the corn should be raw - don't cook it) To serve the two of us, I normally use 3-4 cobs.
  • Cut 1-2 tomatoes into bite sized chunks and add to the bowl of corn
  • Cut 1 shallot (or 1/2 onion will work as well) very finely and add it to the corn/tomato mixture
  • Add olive oil to coat.
  • Add red wine vinegar (I use quite a bit. But I would suggest starting with 1/8 of a cup and add more as you like).
  • Season with salt and pepper and then let the dish sit to allow the corn to absorb some of the olive oil and vinegar.

Again - super easy and it makes a very pretty salad that tastes fantastic and is super crunchy. The other thing we like doing is adding in other things we like - sometimes we add cold couscous.

1 comment:

Leave me your thoughts!