Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Helmand

I am so sad spring break is over! It was amazing to not have classes everyday. In an effort to have one last fun night before classes started back, we went to dinner Saturday night with a couple of my law school friends. We went to an Afghan restaurant that we'd heard good things about. I was a little nervous to try it - not knowing if it would be too spicy for my taste, and as I have a very sensitive stomach, I was nervous.

We were pleasantly surprised by the more upscale atmosphere and cute bar to wait at. The Helmand offered a wide range of flavors and I was super impressed. Ian got a lamb dish - and the lamb was so tender he didn't need to use a knife. I got chicken kabob that had amazing flavor. Service was good and it was packed! We had a 40 minute wait. So if you're in the Mt. Vernon area and want a yummy drink with spectacular food - check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!