Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Helping Where I Can

During my first semester, I can hardly believe that was only 5 months ago!, we were inundated with flyers in our mailboxes of various school clubs or organizations we could be a part of. Several seemed interesting to me, but I knew with the amount of work I knew I'd be handling during my first year, I truly limited myself as to what I would join. I narrowed it down to one in particular: Student Animal Legal Defense Fund (http://www.aldf.org/). I was appointed to the board as the social chair, which isn't all that important, but it gives me the opportunity to spread the word for different animal related activities in the area, or current animal issues.

Last semester we hosted a cutest pet contest to raise money and donate to a local animal shelter, and had an incredible speaker from Borne Free come and speak about various animal issues. We're currently coming up ideas for events. With all of my fellow pet owners that read my blog, I was hoping to get some ideas from you. Do you take your pets to any events? Clue me in when you hear of any opportunity that relates to animals. I want to spread the word!

And since I'm spreading the word, sign up for Baltimore's Annual March for the Animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!