Monday, June 2, 2008

Highs and Lows

We had one very busy weekend so I figured I'd sum it up into some highs and lows, and end with some pictures.

Highs

  • Lauren came into town for the weekend.
  • I cannot rave enough about the shower. Maggie did a fantastic job organizing it, had yummy food and was a very gracious host. I was showered with more presents that I could've imagined and shared the day with about 30 other ladies. I can't wait to get back pictures as I forgot to give someone my camera to take pictures with.
  • After the shower, I arrived home to a very festive decorated house with balloons, confetti, streamers, signs, champagne, cupcakes with little engagement rings in them, and much more. Then, 7 ladies took me out for a fantastic dinner at Zengo where we ate very yummy food and laughed over lots of stories. We played a cute game where my bridesmaids had talked to Ian beforehand and asked lots of questions, and I had to answer them. Out of the 21, I got 13 right. Not too shabby!
  • Lauren and Lewis then came back to my place to play pin the ribbon on the bachelor and goof around until close to 2 a.m.
Lows
  • The weekend FLEW by.
  • The weather on Saturday changed the shower to an indoor one.
  • The shower was about 3-4 hours long and felt like it was only an hour. It made me realized that I have no concept of how quickly the wedding day will fly by.
  • Many people had to cancel on the bachelorette party.
  • I didn't get much time with Ian which always makes Mondays that much harder to go to work.

And here are some pictures...



Question: What did Ian say is the the best thing you've ever cooked for him. His response: She doesn't cook. My face = I'M MAD AND HE'S A BIG FAT LIAR.

Question: What is Ian's dream car? My response: Porsche 911. I was right!

The food:

All the ladies in order from left to right: Lauren, Laura, Annie, Me, Lewis, Julie and Sarah

My work buddies:

Julie accidentally gave the finger using her pinky finger instead - now we like to immitate her.

Back at the house - that's a balloon under there!

Pin the bow on the Bachelor's package. Laur's first try hit his shoulder:


Lewis getting all decorated up:


Scratch offs courtesy of Maggie - def not PG rated! And Lewis made a mustache out of the bling tattoos. Hot!

3 comments:

  1. I love your reaction to Ian saying you don't cook!! Priceless!!

    I feel so bad about missing out. But it looks like you had fun!

    And not to sound weird, but you look really good in these pictures! I haven't seen you in awhile but you look so glowy and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Mystic Tanning (I tried it on Friday - and love it!) and teeth whitening ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's spray tanning!!!??? I was going to say the same thing Kim did, it looks like you went on a vaca and got sunkissed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!