Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning to look like Christmas

A quick weekend recap. Friday night we had Ian's parents down for some takeout. It was a lovely time and we talked lots about the wedding, Christmas plans, and poop. His parents really like fart/poop talk so inevitably the conversation turns there.

Saturday, I did not get up from the couch until about 6pm. I watched TV, reruns of movies, and took naps. Saturday night at 8:30, we headed to the mall to try to wrap up most of our Christmas shopping. I was able to get presents for my brother's gf, Ian's brother's gf, my mom, and ideas for the rest of the peeps. All in all, it was a success and I highly recommend going there late at night since the malls are staying open until 11. It was practically empty - just the way I like it!

Last night, we went with Maggie and her girls, Jean (her mom), and my mom to see Happy Holidays by Marvin Hamlisch. We had a fantastic time and I even got Ian to sing to the Christmas carols during the sing-along section of the program. It sounds like a cheesy affair, but it was well put-together and absolutely hilarious in some parts. If you ever have the chance to witness an orchestra led by Marvin, DO IT! He's a very kind and hilarious guy, not to mention extremely talented. My mom turned to Maggie in the middle of the performance and asked how much she thought it would be to hire the entire orchestra for the ceremony at my wedding. She cracks me up.

Also this weekend, we heard from our travel agent and she put together an itinerary for a possible honeymoon to Greece! Here it is:

The links are to possible properties where we might stay. They are nice resorts. The rooms themselves aren't amazing - just standard. But I feel like since we're going farther for the honeymoon, and it costs more to get there, that we'll probably have to stay in more standard rooms. I think it's a toss-up. Go some place closer, stay in nicer rooms or a suite, or go further and stay in nice resorts in standard rooms. I feel as though I'd prefer to have nice scenery in a romantic location we've never been since we'll be spending most of our time on the beach, outside, etc. What do you think?

We're also having her come up with possible trips to Croatia, Italy and Hawaii. We like options!

1 comment:

  1. I'd stay in a standard room if it were in an awesome location... like Greece!! I'm so jealous. The Mr and I might tag along. Hope you don't mind. :-) Haha

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!