Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Waiting Game

Thanks for the comments! I checked into some of the places and although they are beautiful - they are a bit out of our price range.

We are still waiting to hear back from our #1 choice for our ceremony. We have to get permission from the Archdiocese of Washington to be married here because of a rule this chapel has. I sent in my letter to be exempt from this rule on Tuesday and got an email today saying this:

"Could you please send me the name of your fiance and your home address?"

I did so right away but this leads me to wonder whether they are sending us a rejection letter or a letter of exemption to their rule. Lauren pointed out that they probably wouldn't ask for the fiance's name if they were simply sending a rejection. Any thoughts? I am waiting in anticipation as finding out the ceremony location will lead us to know whether we're having everything here or in Baltimore. Either way - hearing that they at least need this info means I should have an answer in the next couple days.

We are heading to one of my bestest's wedding on Saturday. I have bridesmaid duties all day tomorrow and have to be up at 5:30am for hair on Saturday - do they know I don't do well getting up early? But I have to say I'm very excited to take notes at the wedding for our own big day! Have a great weekend and hopefully my next post will have news about our ceremony location!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap - 5:30am?! That's insane!

    So, my thoughts... I don't know much about the DC area but I can recommend places around Baltimore. Although if you're looking for a chapel in DC, it wouldn't make much sense to have the reception in Baltimore, huh?

    As lame as it sounds, using The Knot's local message boards really helped me find places. I work with a photog that generally shoots in the DC area so I can ask him for recommendations.

    wow, 5:30am for hair/makeup?! I still can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!