Wednesday, October 3, 2007

And so it begins

The more research we do - the more shocked we are at the amount of stress that comes along with this planning. I know people say how stressful things can be regarding the cost of things - but we didn't realize the extent until now! Does anyone know good reception sites? Where have you been to a reception in the DC area that you liked? Or even the Baltimore area since we're looking at a ceremony place there?

I made my first appointment to go look at dresses at Hitched for October 20th. I am very excited!

Ian's brother has made it known that he cares what the guys are wearing - so Ian has already started looking for what the guys will be wearing. He's very excited for three things: cake tasting, registering and picking something slick to wear for the big day. He's more excited to register than I am!

Leave me comments people!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Try the Omni in DC on Connecticut Avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to one at the Hay Adams across from the White House. It was unbelievable@ Have you thought about Charlottesville? Tons of places down here (Boars Head Inn, Farmington Country Club, etc). What kind of atmosphere are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Katie... it can be stressful. Its overwhelming and the word "wedding" triples everything in price!

    Seriously - what helped me was figuring out what was most important, then scheduling out each month the things I wanted to accomplish. But also... towards the second half of the planning, I kind of stopped caring!

    Don't stress too much but I can def. point you to lots of resources if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Katie & Ian!!!

    Don't forget about your famous Excel Spreadsheets MrsTwink!! I don't know how people do it...I'd be a mess if I had to plan one of these things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!