Monday, October 8, 2007

Taking notes

This weekend was one of my bestest's weddings. It was a blast and a great place to take mental notes! Her flowers were very simple yet elegant - I liked them! I will post pictures once I have all of them. The band was amazing as well as the ceremony music. It was a huge wedding - over 300 which will not be our case. But I loved almost everything about her wedding.

I still have not heard back about the ceremony location. We are continuing to look for reception locations but have not had much luck. Either the place is too expensive, or it's perfect and we love the way the pictures look and then we've called and there isn't any availability for June. I have to believe that eventually things will fall into place. I think I will be much calmer once the ceremony and reception locations are set!

I'm starting to interview for a day-of-coordinator. I have only heard amazing feedback on getting a DOC. The idea of taking the pressure off me or my family to make last minute phone calls to vendors or to do crisis management on the day of is amazing to me.

And while although I have gotten some amazing location suggestions - they are mostly out of our price range. We've been fortunate enough that our parents are helping us in a large way, but we still are being crazy about how much money we spend on everything. We refuse to start off as newlyweds in debt!

I read through my first bridal magazine and read through my first bridal book sent to me courtesy of my Maid-of-honor, Lauren. Got some great ideas and it's the little things that have me excited. Ian has also narrowed his choices for tuxes/suits. We went yesterday to check out some places to register. We're trying to narrow that down next weekend. The good thing about being only 8 months away from the big day is that everything goes so quickly - the bad thing is that everything goes so quickly. It means that amount of stress in a shorter amount of time!

I will post pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. I think a DOC is probably well worth the money. I kind of wished I had one although the reception venue assigned a "bridal hostess" to me who was AWESOME. I can't imagine how things would have been without this woman.

    How large is your wedding party? Did Ian ever think of a creative way to ask his boys? How did you ask your girls? Could I BE anymore nosy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No..no kim don't stop being nosy! Cuz then I don't have to ask :P hehe

    katie - i still can't believe you guys are getting married...it seems like just yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!