Thursday, December 20, 2012

Furry friend

True story.

Last night, I am sitting at the bar in our kitchen finishing up some Christmas shopping online.  I see something move out of the corner of my eye.  Oh, you know, just a mouse running across my kitchen floor.  I almost screamed but instead whispered to Ian that there is a mouse...in...our...kitchen EEEK.  He sneaks up to take a look.  Then replied, "aw, well at least he's a cute gray mouse."

Oh honey.  No, no, no.  I don't do mice or spiders or ants or rats or any other type of living creature that I have not invited into the home.  I realize it is common to have mice, especially when you live in a very grown up area that is wooded with lots of land.  We have friends that live in the neighborhood that were shocked that we had not come across mice in our house before this.

All day long I have been creeping into my own kitchen, like I am intruding or something.  I had to pee in the middle of the night last night and decided to wear shoes while walking to and from my bathroom so that I wouldn't feel a mouse on my way.  Freaked out much?  Yes.

Looks like we have some things to take care of to get rid of these unwelcome four-legged friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!