Here's what we have been up to, in bullet style.
- Friday L woke up with a fever (first time in months), and like always, it scared me. After a long trip to and from the doctor, we learned she has another ear infection. This is the third time, all in the left ear. Poor thing.
- Sunday, I cut Luca's first piece of hair. She had this one weird piece that was longer than all the rest and always fell on her face. It made her look like a hot mess. So I chopped it and put it in a little baggie to keep. (I am not sure why it is such a big deal to keep - but everyone tells me I should so I did. Now what do I do with it??)
- Monday we headed to Georgetown for a liver clinic appointment. Looks like I had been underestimating how much food she is taking by mouth because little girl has gained almost 1.5 pounds in 4 weeks. Also, at this appointment, they REMOVED HER PICC LINE! I am sorry to put it all in caps, but it truly is something I want to scream at the top of my lungs in excitement. We had not given Luca a bath since before transplant (that is over 13 months ago now!). To say I was excited to be rid of that is an understatement. Obviously, I am grateful that we had it when it was truly necessary. But, I gave her a bath this morning and it was glorious.
- Yesterday she had a swallow study done (you can read what it was like in these two articles: http://www.new-vis.com/fym/papers/p-feed9.htm and http://www.chp.edu/CHP/Modified+Barium+Swallow ). While she was not thrilled with the test, it was quick. There were a few tears on her part but I am happy to report that all turned out fine and the results were exactly what we wanted to hear - that everything is perfectly normal and healthy.
- We have been spending lots of time outdoors both yesterday and today because it has been unusually warm.
I hope you all are having a wonderful week. And here is a picture (blurry, yet I love her expression for some reason) from yesterday: