Thursday, January 26, 2012

Fudge fail

I made my mom's recipe for fudge recently to take to the hospital for Luca's team.  We randomly surprise them with something little - normally horribly bad-for-you food - just as a little thank you.  I realized partly into cooking the fudge that I had added the chocolate too soon into the base.  I knew right away that this likely would mess up the recipe.  But poured it into containers anyways and hoped for the best.  I set it outside to set and before leaving for the hospital the next morning I saw this:


And this - notice the mark on the wood.


Clearly, the animal did not like the fudge.

P.S. - I did not take that batch to the hospital.  The sugar did not dissolve properly because of me messing up the order.  I made a new batch, that was made correctly, and not disturbed by anything outside.   And it tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!