Friday, May 6, 2011

Home and Nine Months

We came home again last night.  Similar to when we first brought her home from the NICU, or when we brought her home for the first time following her transplant, I have mixed feelings.

You see, they ended up trying something different to get her bile ducts to work...they are going to ride it out without any intervention.  Since they opted to do this, she has been uncomfortable, barely smiling, crying, just wanting to be held.  I had them run every test just to rule out that nothing else was wrong.

But with nothing really "wrong", and the desire to see if time will heal things, we came home.  Now it is just a waiting game.  The great news is that Luca has been acting better.  Hopefully things will heal themselves.

In the meantime, we are celebrating being home for Luca's 9th month birthday.

If we actually stay home for a bit I am planning on several posts with updates so stay tuned


4 comments:

  1. Glad you are home! How are you doing? I hope you are able to take some time for yourself every once in a while. You deserve to relax some. :)
    She is a beautiful little lady. I cannot wait to hear more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - she is just a sweetie! I could snuggle her all day! Glad to hear you are home and hope things go smoothly this weekend. Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are home!!! I LOVE THAT PICTURE! I swear she is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! What a sweet girl :) I hope she feels 100% soon. Happy 9 months Luca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. God. I scrolled down and the picture took my breath away! She's GORGEOUS! I can't believe how much she's grown. This is my favorite picture!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!