Friday, August 27, 2010

In Love

I always heard that the love you have for your child is something that cannot be described, and can't be compared to any other type of love.  I finally get it.  This little human being whom I barely know, when I stare into her eyes and she stares back at mine, there is this instant connection.  And the feeling that comes over me when I feel that connection, that bond, is overwhelming, all consuming.  And even though I saw her as she entered this world and came out of me, I can hardly believe that this little girl was the one inside of me for 10 months.

And suddenly it hits me, as we take each other in, that I feel like I might burst because this love can't possibly fit inside me.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Hope your little girl's health is continually improving and that you're holding up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!