Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hanging in there

Our girl is still in the NICU but finally is stable.  Ian and I are hanging in there.  We are exhausted.  Our days consist of waking up, calling the hospital to see how baby overnight, getting ready, going into the hospital, spending the entire day there, and finally coming home at about 9 or 10pm.

We shut down our house in Baltimore and are staying at a friend's house until our girl can leave the hospital.  So currently, we really don't feel like we have a home.  Our entire life is in a hospital room fighting for her life - so really our world has stopped.  It's odd to get on facebook and see people talking about fun things coming up, or exciting things happening in their lives.  Not that we would expect anything different - it's just odd because our worlds stopped 12 days ago when our girl got sick.

Everyone keeps saying to take care of myself.  We're trying our best.  I started Ian on a vitamin and I've continued taking mine.  We're making sure to eat often, although I'm sure I'm not eating the quantity I should be.

On a positive note (people - we have to look for any humor possible while we go through this tough time, and also, for anything positive!), I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  That's what happens when you are up and about 2 days after delivering, and also having a baby in the NICU.

Can't wait to get her home (not sure when this will be).  Actually, I'm just excited that she will be coming home at some point.  When she was first admitted, we weren't sure if she'd ever be coming home.  Praying that she continues to progress so that she can come home!

4 comments:

  1. She is such a strong girl - you guys will have her home in no time! Still thinking and praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad for the update and that it is a good one! Yes, the bright side is definitely ditching all of the baby weight by now. Its great to find the positive in every situation. :) Sending prayers your way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're exhausted, but this is such good news! Good news I was hoping to hear.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!