Monday, May 10, 2010

Pregnancy Brain Moment

Friday night we were making burgers.  I seared them on the stove then put the entire pan in the oven to cook them through.  I pulled the pan out and placed it on the stove.  Walked away for a few seconds and came back, barehanded, and grabbed the handle of the pan, completely forgetting that it had just been in the oven at 450 degrees.  Stupid pregnancy brain!

A few tears later, a quick run to rite-aid, and I was in business for a weekend of studying, and typing with mostly one hand.  The burn is essentially a large section of my palm.  It's been bandaged up with burn medicine all weekend.  Feeling uncomfortable - but MUCH better than Friday night. 

I had to have it healed and ready to go for my 8 hour take-home exam that starts in about 10 minutes.  Wish me luck.  I soooo wish I could have a celebratory glass of wine when I'm officially done with this semester later this evening.  I guess some sparkly juice will have to suffice.  Ahhh, I can almost taste freedom!!

2 comments:

  1. ouch! pregnancy brain sucks! hope it feels better soon. oh, and congrats on being done with this semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I've done this pre-pregnancy and I know it really really really hurts! I hope you are feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!