Monday, May 17, 2010

30 Week Check-up

I had my 30 week check-up with the new midwife group.  It was my first appointment with them and honestly, the only thing that was not spectacular was that we had to wait awhile (I think they overbook their Saturday appointments).  Ian was with me and we just sat and talked and then met with a midwife we hadn't met before.  She was fantastic! 

Baby girl sounded great.  My blood pressure and weight are great (well the good thing about the weight is that I've gained it very gradually and not a big number at that...but gaining weight in general isn't something that is great ha).  My iron is just slightly under the norm - so I'm going to increase my red meat intake to see if that helps my light-headedness I had been getting over the past couple weeks. 

The big piece of news is that baby girl is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead.  The midwife didn't seem concerned at all and just said we'll see if she continues to measure ahead.  It may just be that she had a recent growth spurt and will slow down over the next few weeks.  Then again, it could mean she's a big little girl and may come early. 

But the fact that she's measuring at 32 weeks makes me think we really need to get things organized.  We need to make sure we have the necessities ready to go.  We need to get a few things and then I think we'd be ready if we absolutely needed to be.

Hopefully, baby girl will stay put in my belly for at least another 7-8 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. i hope that baby stays in there for a while longer! i hear you on wanting to make sure everything is ready and feeling the pressure to make that happen. glad you had a good appointment otherwise.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!