Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time Flies...

...when you're busy!

I have been running around like a crazy person the past two days.  Monday I spent the day working on my big paper.  Yesterday, after only a few hours of sleep, I got up and continued writing my paper - even skipping my morning class to do so.  I turned in that draft at 1pm yesterday and it's such a relief.  That is until I get the comments back on Friday and start rewriting it. 

Then I had a discussion to go to for the animal law group I'm a part of at my school - discussing veterinary care and how dangerous it is if it starts to look like human healthcare - imagine how much costs for care would go up if veterinary care followed in the footsteps of our healthcare (if the law suits of our human healthcare seeped into vet care - eek!).  It was a great discussion between vets and lawyers in the Baltimore area.  Afterwards, there was a food reception that I helped organize so I stayed for the whole thing and helped clean up.  Got home at 8pm and had to start doing work for today.  Right about now is when I think, why oh why did I choose law school?

I went to bed at 10:45 last night but woke up to Tessa vomiting in the middle of the night - all over the carpet.  She rarely throws up so this was unusual for her.  Luckily, the hubs got up and cleaned everything in the middle of the night.  I guess I should get used to these night interruptions!

Today I have classes plus a 2 hour negotiation and need to get reading done for tomorrow's class.

On a brighter note - classes are officially over 4 weeks from today.  HOLY CRAP THIS SEMESTER IS FLYING BY!  The great thing is that I will just have entered my 3rd trimester as exams are finishing up.  I'm so grateful for the timing of this pregnancy.  Considering that lots of things are our of control when it comes to starting a family, we're really fortunate that I am not in school during that last trimester and that I'm due during the summer.

Now, about the 57984789784908 things I need to get done between now and the end of the semester that are strictly school related??  Quite frankly, I'd rather be picking out fun things for the nursery and staring at my moving belly :)

Happy hump day!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I wish I could have been at your animal law discussion.... that sounds so neat. Scary to think if veterinary care became like human health care.... we would see a huge rise in euthanasia I bet, and its already unacceptably high. Too many dogs and other pets are being put down because their owners can't afford care, we take in I would say 30% of our surrenders due to owners not being able to afford treatment. Makes me very sad :( Then they all end up at my house, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog gets sick a lot... we asked the vet about it and she said it happens if he eats too quickly. Its tough to slow him down though!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!