Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday wrap-up

Lots of random things today.

The mattress topper thingie that I talked about on Monday is totally awesome.  A couple weeks ago, I woke up with my hip asleep (did you even know this was possible?  I didn't!) - that's when I realized we really needed the mattress foam thingie (seriously, what is the proper name for it??).  The instructions said that it takes a few nights of sleep for it to get to its optimal comfort. Sunday night I was kind of feeling blah about buying it.  But by Wednesday I was sold.  I haven't been waking up with my hips hurting!  And now, I don't even budge when Ian gets up in the morning.  He also hasn't been waking up every time I go to the bathroom.  I thing the foam makes the bed move less when one of us moves.  All in all, so far we're loving it.

Spring break starts today!  I say that with enthusiasm even though I'm going to be super busy paper writing and researching.  But I do have hopes to get some baby related things done - like narrowing down some of our baby product selections.  I've also been doing some nursery brainstorming and I think we have the basic concept down which means we can start looking for stuff for it!

Also over break we have some lunch and dinner plans with some people - should be good to have some time to catch up with people we don't get to see often.  One of the lunches I am going to is with a fellow pregnant lady, and a lady who just had her first baby.  So I'm sure that lunch will be super informative and have lots of baby talk.

Someone asked us if we have bought a lot of stuff for the baby - and I have to say, I don't think we've bought anything yet!  I've bought some books to read about babies, but we haven't bought clothes or cute things for the nursery or anything really.  I'm really actually impressed as to how we made it over 21 weeks pregnant without buying anything.  So also on my list over break: buy something for our little girl. 

It's supposed to rain here all weekend - so much rain that we're under a flood watch.  It should make it a good weekend to stay home and look up lots of baby stuff online.  And of course, ms. Tessa will be snuggling with me on the couch.  She'll probably look like this:



And yes, her tongue does stick out on occasion when she's REALLY knocked out.

Oh, and tonight is fish Friday night for Ian and I.  I made some awesome roasted potatoes last night and will have those as a side for tonight's dinner.  Last night, I also made Zucchini Gratin because we had veggies to use up before they go bad.  For vegetarians and even non-vegetarians (Ian and I are most definitely not vegetarians), this dish is delicious.  It tastes rich and creamy (even though I made it with skim milk!) and is an awesome twist on the usual potato gratin.  Even Ian, who normally turns his nose up to an entire vegetarian meal LOVED it.

Okay I think that officially ends my randomness for this post.  If you made it this far, clearly you're bored at work :)

I have lots of posts in drafts lined up so I will most definitely be posting quite a bit as we make some baby related decisions soon.  Who knows, maybe I'll even throw in a weekend post in case you're bored at home because of the rain.  Have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Tessa! Cole sticks his tongue out too when he's down for the count.

    Have a great weekend! I plan to be curled up pretty much all weekend long :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spacey - Cole must get it from you! How was your birthday weekend lady?!

    Kim - Thanks, I do too :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!