Tuesday, February 2, 2010

16 Weeks

Woohoo - moving right along!

An update to yesterday's nervous post:  the doctor is not concerned so long as the pain is not accompanied by other symptoms like bleeding.  She said that if I am super nervous, I can go in and let them check baby's heartbeat just to put me at ease.  I have a super busy week ahead, so I trusted her judgment and if at any point things get worse, or I get more nervous and can't wait until my next appointment in less than a week, I will call and go in. 

In the meantime, if anyone knows of someone in Baltimore who has a fetal doppler who might let me borrow it for a day or two, let me know!   This would be a very easy way to put my fears to rest, so I might as well check with all my fab readers.

I am officially 16 weeks pregnant today.  I don't feel like my belly has grown at all in the last 3 weeks which is weird, but totally fine.  I'm sure it'll pop eventually.  See?  Still looking just a chubby belly:




Here are the weekly stats:

Weight:  I've finally put on some weight.  I had dropped 9 lbs since I found out I was pregnant, and am now back up 2-3.  I'm hoping for a continued slow and steady weight gain.  So I'll just say that total weight gain is 2-3 lbs.

Cravings: nothing new.  Still loving my chocolate milk.  Not into the fruit kick quite as much - but really liking cold drinks and food items like cold juice (white grapejuice is my fave right now) and popsicles.  I also starting craving chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, so I took care of that craving over the weekend by baking a homemade cake.  I'll post more on that tomorrow.

Symptoms: still feeling crampy, boob achiness, lower back achiness (from the big boobs), and that weird pain I talked about yesterday.  Oh, and the acne that I faced during the first trimester had started clearing up, back has come back over the last week.  There are worse things I guess.

And our sweet pea is is no longer pea size - but is the size of an avocado: 4.5 inches from crown to rump, and about 3-5 ounces.

Still waiting to feel the cutie.  One time over the weekend I felt a weird fluttering sensation that was not gas or hunger related - it made me wonder whether it was baby.  But I think I'm still kind of early, especially for a first pregnant, to feel the baby quite yet.  It'll be nice to start feeling the baby on a regular basis -it will make this worried mama relax!                       

4 comments:

  1. Yay 16 weeks! You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad everything is okay! I've been busy with work so I'm just getting caught up with your blog!!

    If you need anything (outside of that baby doppler thingamabob) - let me know! e.g. watching Tessa in case you need to run to the doc or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i'm so glad you comment so now i can click on over here and read about you. :) congrats on being pregnant! awesome! i love knowing other pregnant bloggers right now. i hope all the scariness goes away and you can rest your mind that all is well with the babe. love hearing about people's cravings - however it does make me hungry. :)

    thanks for reading my blog ... i look forward to keeping up with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I can totally relate to the losing weight and than gaining a few lbs. by week 16. I also LOVE cold food/drink right now. I keep 2 water bottles at work- one in the fridge and one on my desk and I swtich them out every hour or so:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!