Monday, November 9, 2009

Braised Short Ribs

While we watched/listened to football yesterday, I made these braised short ribs, with a few changes.  They took 3+ hours to cook, and probably another 1/2 hour to throw everything together and finish it up.  So it's definitely to be made on a day when you have lots of time (I imagine these might work well in a slow cooker - but don't quote me on it).

The things I did differently: I didn't use lemon grass, I cut the hoisin sauce to 1/8 cup, and added 1/8 cup of teriyaki, and instead of 4 cups of water, I used 3 cups of water and 1 cup of red wine (I used cab sauv, but I suppose any would work beautifully).

The meat - fell apart with the touch of the fork.  It was incredibly tender, had fantastic flavor, and the sauce was tangy and rich.  Oh, and while it's cooking, the aroma fills your house, making you excited and anxious for it to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!