Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy it's Friday

It's Friday and I'm tired - this means it's a bullet-point day.
  • I have still kind of been down since my post a few days ago about the weight issues.  But instead of sitting and dwelling on it, I've been trying to use that frustration to motivate me to make my workouts more worthwhile.  After being sick a couple weeks ago, I hadn't been as good about getting in my 5 workouts.  So this week I made a point to get to the gym 4 days.  At each workout, I did at least 30 minutes of cardio on a machine that makes me burn about 400-500 calories in those 30 minutes.  Then I do core/weight/circuit training for 30 minutes.  I'm not sure how many calories this amounts to in total - but I imagine it's between 500-600 calories.  I also spoke with the trainer I had previously been working with.  He wanted to see how my workouts were and if I'd noticed any differences in my body.  After explaining that I hadn't, and I haven't lost a single pound, he switched up my routine to get more weight/circuit training in.  So my new workout schedule will be 1 less day per week, but more intensity each time.  Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays I have to do cardio/weights/circuit.  We'll see if this makes a difference!
  • I had a girl's night last night, and Ian was coming home late, so Tessa had to come with me to dinner and then went with me to the bar afterwards (otherwise she would have been left for about 12 hours at home).  We sat outside at the bar and she was the perfect pup.  She eventually fell asleep on the sidewalk at the bar and I realized it was probably time to go home. 
  • Tomorrow, Ian is running Baltimore's Half Marathon.  I'll be wandering around the Inner Harbor area while he runs, so let me know if you'll be there as well and we can meet up!
  • We are planning on eating at The Corner Stable sometime after the race to try out their famous ribs and crabcakes.
  • I am officially obsessed with The Biggest Loser for the first time.  However, it makes me sob like a little baby.  I don't know what it is - but their stories make me cry.  And I want Jillian Michael's to come and kick my ass into shape.  It also has made me really want the BodyBugg.  But I looked them up and they are expensive! Holy crap! Not sure I really want to ask for that for my upcoming birthday.
Anyways - I've been busy with school this week so I really am kind of blah.  Hoping this weekend will allow me to unwind and enjoy this beautiful weather we've been having.  Maybe we'll even make it to the pumpkin patch - one of my favorite fall activities!  Have a fantastic weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!