Monday, October 19, 2009

300th Post

Wow!  Thanks to all of you readers for sticking around and reading my blog.  Can't believe this is my 300th post - I only wish it was going to be a super duper exciting one.  Going back to why I started this blog, it was to talk about planning my wedding.  Coming up in the next couple days, I will have a guest blogger who recently got married so she can share her wedding planning experience and advice.  This is happening because I still love talking/hearing about weddings, and I think its really useful for future brides out there.  Going back to the roots of this blog, if you will.  I will see how this whole guest blogging goes and may try to do this more often in the future.

Our weekend was pretty boring.  It rained and was cold and we spent the weekend huddled on the couch under a blanket.  We watched The Godfather (for the first time) and loved it.  We also watched The Proposal, which we didn't love quite as much.  It was cute, but nothing spectacular.

I slept a ton.  This coming off of that asthma medicine business is making me SLEEPY! 10 hours of sleep still isn't enough.  I'm hoping this is just a temporary symptom of coming off the medicine.

I also cooked a lot.  I love coming across new food blogs and trying out new recipes.  A law school friend forwarded me the blog, Always Order Dessert.  I tried out three recipes from her blog this weekend to see her style: Potato Parmentier (amazing), Buttermilk Pancakes (amazing), and Pecan Milk (this did not come out how I wanted it - it came out kind of watery and not blended well - not sure what to do with all of it now).  I will definitely be using more of her recipes.  And the best part is that we have leftovers for the week!

Do you have any favorite food blogs you'd like to share?

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thanks so much for the link. I'm so happy that you liked the recipes. Sorry that the Pecan Milk didn't come out how you'd like. Maybe one of the two options might help: If didn't blend as well as you'd like, maybe you can use a fine strainer (or a strainer lined with cheesecloth) to strain out any larger pieces. The leftover liquid would be a great (and protein-packed) base for smoothies. I also use my leftover pecan milk by running it through an ice cream maker (or just letting it sit in a large shallow container in the freezer) and letting it get all slushy. It comes out kind of like a nutty sorbet.

    Anyway, just thought I'd offer a couple ideas! And also so glad to have stumbled onto your site. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congrats on your 300th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alejandra - Thanks so much for the suggestions! I think it didn't come out right because I used regular honey instead of raw honey. I think I'll put it in a low container in the freezer for a little dessert this week! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts!