Monday, August 24, 2009

I Need Another Weekend

Friday night's all-ladies draft night was not what I expected. I thought we'd all just relax and have a good time - but realized as soon as we all sat down to start the rounds of picks that the ladies had done their homework. Everyone pulled out their stat sheets they had printed, a pen to cross off names as they were picked, and their serious faces. We started picking at 8:00pm and I left there at 11:45pm! 15 rounds of picks and here is who I ended up with:

Matt Schaub - QB
Ronnie Brown - RB
Brandon Jacobs - RB
Larry Fitzgerald - WR
Santana Moss - WR
John Carlson - TE
Ryan Longwell - K
Titans - D/ST

Reserve:
Jason Campbell - QB
LeRon McClain - RB
Knowshon Moreno - RB
Chris Chambers - WR
Justin Gage - WR
Brian Robiskie - WR
Visanthe Shiancoe - TE

I have no idea what will happen next - but that's at least who I'm starting with. I have a feeling I could become a little obsessed with this, but I'll try to keep football talk to a bare minimum here!

On Saturday, after Ian ran 12 miles, we headed to Red Star Bar to have brunch with Ian's parents. I had heard good things about this Fells Point place, but was pretty disappointed. I actually had to send my pancakes back - they were not good. The one positive about this place, which is why I think it gets so many raves, is that they have bottomless mimosas and bloody marys. Although I do have to say that Ian and I were limited in terms of choices because we went vegetarian for a week - so maybe this is a place to go if you are not vegetarian.

Saturday night we went to The Wine Market in Locust Point with my Mom. We had gone there once before and liked it and were pleased again this time!

We started our Sunday with hot yoga, then grabbed lunch at Pasta Plus in Laurel with my Dad, then headed to church at my college.

All in all, it was a jam-packed weekend, but we had a blast. Now I think I need another weekend to recover from the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!